Select the right agreement for you to become a star.
We offer a simple range of five agreements, the key features of each are explained below. The agreement that a particular pub is offered is displayed on our website. All our agreements are tied for beer, cider, alcopops and soft drinks but free of tie-on wine and spirits. All our agreements are tied for beer, cider, alcopops and soft drinks but free of tie on wine and spirits.
Note that the following is a high level summary of our agreements. It is important that you take independent legal advice before you commit to an agreement.
1. JUST ADD TALENT
This is our Managed Operator style agreement. We set the offer, pay for all the stock, and cover most other costs. You are responsible for delivering the offer and employing your own staff.
- Term is open-ended and can be terminated by you with three months' notice or by us at any time
- No rent, utilities or rates
- No fixtures, fittings or maintenance costs
- You are paid a revenue share between 20-30% of net turnover
- You will also get 20% of the pub's net profit paid quarterly in arrears
2. FOUNDATION TENANCY: OUR STANDARD AGREEMENT
You have the freedom to set the pub's offer and you can manage your risk by having the option to break the agreement at any time with three months’ notice.
Contracted out of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, the agreement will come to an end after five years.
- Five-year fixed term
- Rent is fixed for the full term
- We can terminate the agreement on three months’ notice if there are significant rent arrears or tie breaches
- You can terminate the agreement on three months' notice
- Reduced repair and maintenance obligations compared to FRI
3. INVESTMENT TENANCY
This is used for pubs that we will significantly invest in and where a qualifying investment waiver is entered into as per Regulation 56 The Pubs Code etc. Regulations 2016.
As with the Foundation Tenancy, you have the freedom to set the pub's offer. It is covered by the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, meaning that you have renewal rights at the end of the five-year term.
- Five-year rolling term
- The agreement can only be ended once every five years on the anniversary of its start date. If no notice is served by either the Tenant or Landlord it will “roll” for a further period of 5 years
- Rent is fixed for each five-year term
- Rent review every five years
- Reduced repair and maintenance obligation compared to FRI
4. FULLY REPAIRING AND INSURING LEASE (FRI)
Perfect for experienced licensees who want time to build up the value of their business and accrue the return on their investment with the added benefit of being able to sell their lease on should they choose to (known as ‘assign’). Fully protected under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Minimum ten-year agreement
- Assignable after two years
- Rent review every five years
- No annual Retail Prices Index (RPI) increases
- You will be responsible for all repairs and maintenance
5. BUSINESS START UP AGREEMENT (Scotland only)
This is our standard tenancy agreement in Scotland. You have the freedom to set the pub's offer and you can manage your risk by having the option to break the agreement at any time on 28 days' notice. The agreement will come to an end after three years.
- Three-year fixed term
- Rent is fixed for the term
- Both sides can terminate the agreement on 28 days’ notice